Friday, September 26, 2008

Here Almost a Week

Friends, Family, and Countrymen...
I have been here almost a week and while I'm still getting to know my surroundings, I am amazed how quickly I've been able to navigate my way around. It seems my sense of direction DID follow me "across the pond"...well, that and a clever London Mapguide I bought months ago to prepare me :) I live above a lovely little pub in Clerkenwell. True, there definitely is a certain amount of street noise and constant comings and goings of a train right below, but I've managed to work the noise nicely into my dreams. So, there you go.

Now, some of you are aware of my "ickle" room, which still prompts spontaneous bursts of laughter from me, but, despite its size, it is clean and does have some character about it. Although if any of you are planning to visit, we'll have to look into hanging a hammock from the ceiling, or creating an upright bed in the shower. Of course, have a few pints from the pub below and you won't care where you sleep. Ha!

On that note, I did take some pics and make a couple of videos of my new "Home Sweet Home" and will try to post them post haste. Of course, no promises, because tonight is Karaoke Night and the compulsion to belt out some Beatles music is so very tempting ;) For your planning pleasure, Thursdays are Pub Quiz Nights and coming soon -Wii Nights on Mondays!

For those of you interested in the traditional sights of London, I can see St. Paul's Cathedral from my window; of course, I can also see The Chatterbox Topless Bar, as well. So, imagine the choices, the views, the sights and sounds, ladies and gentlemen! Seriously, this is a fantastic area, very safe and close to everything.

That's it for now. I have to go warm up my vocals in the shower (better chance of hearing myself in there). I hope all is swell Stateside. It's interesting to watch the news about Wall Street and the Presidential Debates over here. All I've got to say is that my bloody absentee ballot better show up in time!

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anne and Jon said...

It is "ickle"!!! But I like it. Even if it's not cheap it appears to be cheerful! Glad to hear you are getting situated. Miss you!

LeAnn said...

Wow! Your place makes Aaron's college "efficiency" look HUGE! Hee hee! Glad you are getting settled. It sounds like a lovely place! Miss you!
Love, LeAnn

Unknown said...

So glad to see your adjusting well. you're going to have the experience of a lifetime and never be the same again! *tear*

DotK said...

Hi Catherine - looks like you've got all the essentials. Best of success over there.

Dot

Peter H said...

Catherine: I finally got into blogger. I didn't remember that I had a goggle account, but I did it years ago. I haven't set up a blog but my blogger name is Flickmeister. Funny huh?

Hope you are still doing well. Have you visited any more Dickens sites? Shakespeare? Peter